Revision or Corrective Secondary Breast Augmentation Pittsburgh
Revisional and corrective breast augmentation surgery applies the arts of plastic surgery for a woman who has had prior breast enlargement procedures but is not happy with the current appearance of her breasts.
For more information about Revisional and Corrective Breast Augmentation, view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Dr. Pautler uses precise plastic surgery planning and meticulous techniques to correct challenging plastic surgery problems. Dr. Pautler can deliver highly satisfying results by using either saline and silicone breast implants, careful repair of the pockets in which the implants are positioned, and in some cases a breast lift or skin tightening. For more information and to schedule your consultation contact our Pittsburgh area plastic surgery practice today.
» Read More About Revisional and Corrective Breast Augmentation Surgery
Testimonial for Breast Augmentation
“ Words cannot begin to express how happy I am with the results of my surgery and what a wonderful surgeon you are. What you were able to do is simply amazing! I never dreamed that the difference would be this dramatic! My entire experience with you and your staff was also terrific. I also want to thank you for spending so much time with me during my consultations and before and after the surgery.
“It is obvious how much you care about your patients and what you do.
“You have changed my life in such a positive way. I simply cannot thank you enough for the wonderful job you’ve done.”
Women may need revisional or corrective breast augmentation surgery due to:
- Discomfort with implants – over time you may become uncomfortable with your implants and want them removed, downsized or replaced with a different type of breast implant such as silicone-gel which may have a more natural feel.
- Malposition – over time implants can shift, one may sit higher or lower than the other, or they may become too high, too low, too close, or too far apart. These revisions require precise recreation of the implant pocket to a more optimal position. Occasionally an implant replacement is required, but in some cases the same implant can be used..
- Gravity, Stretching or Unevenness – breast implants that are placed in front of the muscle can minimize scars (because the implant fills up the empty saggy breast envelope and obviates the need for a lift)however, the breast implants can fall or stretch the breast tissue downward over time, and render the implants visible and palpable. This can happen with sub muscular implants as well, if a large implant is used on a thin small breasted patient.
- Rupture – although rarely, breast implants can rupture and need to be replaced.
- Capsular Contracture – in the rare case that a tightening of the natural capsule your body forms around the implant occurs, the capsule may need to be loosened or removed to provide a more pliable pocket in which the implant can be positioned.
Through revisional breast augmentation surgery, you can improve on the shape, symmetry and position of your existing breast implants.
View our Glossary of Breast Surgery key terms Here.
FAQs for Revisional and Corrective Breast Augmentation
Every breast augmentation patient needs to accept the remote possibility of needing a revision at some point in her life after the initial augmentation. Issues that tend to increase this risk are implant placement above the muscle, very large volume implants (because they are heavy), and under filling of saline implants. However, there are factors that are beyond the surgeon’s control and are unpredictable, such as unusually stretchy tissue or asymmetric chest walls that make symmetric breast augmentation impossible. Equally unpredictable are the effects of gravity, pregnancies, weight gain/loss and breastfeeding.
Dr. Pautler is dedicated to being objective, reassuring, professional and sympathetic to a patient’s disappointment and frustration with her previous cosmetic surgery experience. Dr. Pautler takes the time to educate each patient on all procedures and answer any questions she may have.
Our Photo Gallery
Before & After Photos
Browse our before and after gallery to gain a better understanding of the results available from Dr. Simona V. Pautler.