Breast Augmentation Pittsburgh
Breast augmentation surgery applies the arts of plastic surgery to create youthful, graceful breasts that enhance a woman’s femininity while giving a woman a more voluptuous figure. Breast augmentation surgery allows women to be more comfortable and self-confident in their bodies and in the appearance of their breasts.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the number of breast augmentations has increased from over 32,000 instances in 1992 to over 347,000 breast augmentation surgeries in 2007.
If you are considering breast augmentation surgery in Pittsburgh, Dr Pautler specializes in the perfection of this procedure. Dr. Pautler has extensive experience with breast augmentation and is considered throughout the Pittsburgh-area to be highly skilled in all cosmetic and breast augmentation surgeries.
Dr. Pautler will discuss all of these options for breast augmentation surgery at the initial consultation. For more information or to make an appointment for your initial breast augmentation consultation, contact Dr. Pautler’s plastic surgery practice near Pittsburgh.
View our Glossary of Breast Surgery key terms Here.
For more information about Breast Augmentation, view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Testimonials for Breast Augmentation
“I recently went to Dr. Pautler to have my first breast augmentation back in May 2017. Dr. Pautler is such an amazing women and surgeon. From the moment I walked into her office for my consultation to my last follow up appointment, everyone in her office was so welcoming, professional, and made my experience so much better. She took a lot of time with me during our initial consultation to discuss all of my options. She was so honest with me from the get go and I instantly felt comfortable putting my personal appearance into her hands. I never once felt that she tried to pressure me into doing anything that I was not comfortable with. Her bedside manner is absolutely amazing…and I am a nurse who works on a post surgical unit and frequently see how surgeons do not always have the best bedside manner. The staff in her office are so friendly and remember you when you come in for all of your appointments…and that meant a lot to me that I was not just another patient. During my pre-op and post op stages at the hospital, all of the staff had great things to say about her. They often refer to her as “amazing”, which made me feel so good! I am now completely healed from the surgery, and I could not be happier with my results. She made me feel so much better about my physical appearance and I have so much more confidence now thanks to her!”
“ Words cannot begin to express how happy I am with the results of my surgery and what a wonderful surgeon you are. What you were able to do is simply amazing! I never dreamed that the difference would be this dramatic! My entire experience with you and your staff was also terrific. I also want to thank you for spending so much time with me during my consultations and before and after the surgery. “
“It is obvious how much you care about your patients and what you do.”
“You have changed my life in such a positive way. I simply cannot thank you enough for the wonderful job you’ve done.”
When considering breast augmentation surgery, there are two kinds of breast augmentation implants:
- Saline breast implants – saline breast implants are filled with a natural, salt-water solution. If you have breasts with different volumes, saline breast implants can be filled to different amounts, one side more or less than the other, making your breasts appear more even and balanced. A rupture, if it occurs, is fairly easy to diagnose just by physical exam. According to the FDA, women should be 18 years of age or older to receive saline implants. These implants can be rolled up and placed under the breast through a small incision, and are filled AFTER insertion. Some women think saline breast implants feel firmer than silicone-gel implants.
- Silicone-gel breast implants – in thin skinned patients, silicone-gel breast implants tend to feel more natural. They are pre-filled with a safe, FDA-approved, man-made polymer substance. Numerous scientific studies over the years have shown that silicone gel-filled implants are both safe and effective for breast augmentation and reconstruction. Because these breast implants are pre-filled, their volume cannot be altered to adjust symmetry. In this situation, implants of different sizes are needed to balance out breasts that are different sizes. They also require a slightly larger incision. A rupture is much harder to detect and special diagnostic imaging may be required to detect any leakage. You must be over 22 when your body is considered fully matured to receive silicone-gel breast implants.
Please visit the Aesthetic Society and Breast Implant Safety website for the latest information on breast implant options.
With breast augmentation surgery, the following happens:
- Prior to breast augmentation surgery – Dr. Pautler will consult with you regarding breast augmentation surgery. Breast implant insertion and positioning depends on a patient’s anatomy so Dr. Pautler will examine you , review your medical history, educate you about all your options, answer all your questions and review your expectations to make sure they are obtainable. She will show you before and after pictures of other women that she has provided breast augmentation surgery and then make specialized recommendations for your particular breast enlargement desires. Learn more about Before breast augmentation surgery directions…
- During breast augmentation surgery – breast augmentation surgery takes 1-2 hours and is done as outpatient surgery with general anesthesia. Generally, the implant is inserted beneath the muscle through a small incision made in the crease underneath the breast known as the “inframammary fold”. If the cosmetic surgery requires a slight adjustment to make the breasts even, then saline breast implants can be used, and the implant in the smaller breast can be filled more. If silicone implants are chosen, the smaller breast is implanted with a larger volume implant. If the breasts are the same size, then the same size implants whether saline or silicone is placed into each breast. Learn more about the risks associated with breast augmentation surgery…
- After breast augmentation surgery – refrain from physical activity for at least one week, including housework and exercise. Do not lift anything more than 12 pounds including children. The sutures are removed after two weeks when your levels of activities are assessed. Typically, full recovery takes 4 weeks and then you can resume normal activities.Learn more about After breast augmentation surgery directions…
It is the goal of plastic surgery to minimize scarring or make scarring as discrete as possible. In the case of breast augmentation surgery, Dr. Pautler will use one of the following breast augmentation methods to reduce scarring:
- Inframammary fold approach – this plastic surgery incision is made in the crease underneath the breast. It is used to place the breast implant in the preferred position under the muscle.
- Circumareolar approach – this plastic surgery incision is made between the white and the pink skin of the areola. The implant can be placed under the muscle using this approach as well.
- Transaxillary approach – this incision is made in the “armpit”. To be a candidate for this approach, the breasts need to be very symmetric is size and shape with minimal droopiness. This approach is used only for saline implants. The implant can be placed under the muscle using this approach as well.
» Click here to download our Patient Consent Form
FAQs for Breast Augmentation Surgery
Our Photo Gallery
Before & After Photos
Browse our before and after gallery to gain a better understanding of the results available from Dr. Simona V. Pautler.