Breast Augmentation Pittsburgh
Conveniently located to serve Pittsburgh, Morgantown, and Washington County
Breast augmentation surgery applies the arts of plastic surgery to create youthful, graceful breasts that enhance a woman’s femininity while giving a woman a more voluptuous figure. Breast augmentation surgery allows women to be more comfortable and self-confident in their bodies and in the appearance of their breasts.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the number of breast augmentations has increased from over 32,000 instances in 1992 to over 347,000 breast augmentation surgeries in 2007.
If you are considering breast augmentation surgery in Pittsburgh, Dr Pautler specializes in the perfection of this procedure. Dr. Pautler has extensive experience with breast augmentation and is considered throughout the Pittsburgh-area to be highly skilled in all cosmetic and breast augmentation surgeries.
Breast Augmentation Photos
Dr. Pautler will discuss all of these options for breast augmentation surgery at the initial consultation. For more information or to make an appointment for your initial breast augmentation consultation, contact Dr. Pautler’s plastic surgery practice near Pittsburgh.
View our Glossary of Breast Surgery key terms Here.
For more information about Breast Augmentation, view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Testimonials for Breast Augmentation
“I recently went to Dr. Pautler to have my first breast augmentation back in May 2017. Dr. Pautler is such an amazing women and surgeon. From the moment I walked into her office for my consultation to my last follow up appointment, everyone in her office was so welcoming, professional, and made my experience so much better. She took a lot of time with me during our initial consultation to discuss all of my options. She was so honest with me from the get go and I instantly felt comfortable putting my personal appearance into her hands. I never once felt that she tried to pressure me into doing anything that I was not comfortable with. Her bedside manner is absolutely amazing…and I am a nurse who works on a post surgical unit and frequently see how surgeons do not always have the best bedside manner. The staff in her office are so friendly and remember you when you come in for all of your appointments…and that meant a lot to me that I was not just another patient. During my pre-op and post op stages at the hospital, all of the staff had great things to say about her. They often refer to her as “amazing”, which made me feel so good! I am now completely healed from the surgery, and I could not be happier with my results. She made me feel so much better about my physical appearance and I have so much more confidence now thanks to her!”
“ Words cannot begin to express how happy I am with the results of my surgery and what a wonderful surgeon you are. What you were able to do is simply amazing! I never dreamed that the difference would be this dramatic! My entire experience with you and your staff was also terrific. I also want to thank you for spending so much time with me during my consultations and before and after the surgery. ”
“It is obvious how much you care about your patients and what you do.”
“You have changed my life in such a positive way. I simply cannot thank you enough for the wonderful job you’ve done.”
When considering breast augmentation surgery, there are two kinds of breast augmentation implants:
- Saline breast implants – saline breast implants are filled with a natural, salt-water solution. If you have breasts with different volumes, saline breast implants can be filled to different amounts, one side more or less than the other, making your breasts appear more even and balanced. A rupture, if it occurs, is fairly easy to diagnose just by physical exam. According to the FDA, women should be 18 years of age or older to receive saline implants. These implants can be rolled up and placed under the breast through a small incision, and are filled AFTER insertion. Some women think saline breast implants feel firmer than silicone-gel implants.
- Silicone-gel breast implants – in thin skinned patients, silicone-gel breast implants tend to feel more natural. They are pre-filled with a safe, FDA-approved, man-made polymer substance. Numerous scientific studies over the years have shown that silicone gel-filled implants are both safe and effective for breast augmentation and reconstruction. Because these breast implants are pre-filled, their volume cannot be altered to adjust symmetry. In this situation, implants of different sizes are needed to balance out breasts that are different sizes. They also require a slightly larger incision. A rupture is much harder to detect and special diagnostic imaging may be required to detect any leakage. You must be over 22 when your body is considered fully matured to receive silicone-gel breast implants.
Please visit the Aesthetic Society and Breast Implant Safety website for the latest information on breast implant options.
About Breast Augmentation Surgery
With breast augmentation surgery, the following happens:
- Prior to breast augmentation surgery – Dr. Pautler will consult with you regarding breast augmentation surgery. Breast implant insertion and positioning depends on a patient’s anatomy so Dr. Pautler will examine you , review your medical history, educate you about all your options, answer all your questions and review your expectations to make sure they are obtainable. She will show you before and after pictures of other women that she has provided breast augmentation surgery and then make specialized recommendations for your particular breast enlargement desires. Learn more about Before breast augmentation surgery directions…
- During breast augmentation surgery – breast augmentation surgery takes 1-2 hours and is done as outpatient surgery with general anesthesia. Generally, the implant is inserted beneath the muscle through a small incision made in the crease underneath the breast known as the “inframammary fold”. If the cosmetic surgery requires a slight adjustment to make the breasts even, then saline breast implants can be used, and the implant in the smaller breast can be filled more. If silicone implants are chosen, the smaller breast is implanted with a larger volume implant. If the breasts are the same size, then the same size implants whether saline or silicone is placed into each breast. Learn more about the risks associated with breast augmentation surgery…
- After breast augmentation surgery – refrain from physical activity for at least one week, including housework and exercise. Do not lift anything more than 12 pounds including children. The sutures are removed after two weeks when your levels of activities are assessed. Typically, full recovery takes 4 weeks and then you can resume normal activities.Learn more about After breast augmentation surgery directions…
Breast Augmentation Methods
It is the goal of plastic surgery to minimize scarring or make scarring as discrete as possible. In the case of breast augmentation surgery, Dr. Pautler will use one of the following breast augmentation methods to reduce scarring:
- Inframammary fold approach – this plastic surgery incision is made in the crease underneath the breast. It is used to place the breast implant in the preferred position under the muscle.
- Circumareolar approach – this plastic surgery incision is made between the white and the pink skin of the areola. The implant can be placed under the muscle using this approach as well.
- Transaxillary approach – this incision is made in the “armpit”. To be a candidate for this approach, the breasts need to be very symmetric is size and shape with minimal droopiness. This approach is used only for saline implants. The implant can be placed under the muscle using this approach as well.
Contact Our Office
If you’re interested in learning more about breast augmentation surgery in Pittsburgh, contact our office to schedule your consultation with Dr.Simona V. Pautler. Dr. Pautler is a leading board-certified plastic surgeon who is dedicated to helping her patients achieve results that help them look and feel good int heir own skin. She’ll happily guide you through the surgical process and answer any questions you have along the way.
» Click here to download our Patient Consent Form
FAQs for Breast Augmentation Surgery
Technically, you are never too old for breast augmentation surgery if you are in good health. Many women in their senior years have breast reconstruction surgery with implants after a mastectomy or removal of breast due to breast cancer.
According to the FDA, you must be over 22 to receive silicone-gel breast implants. Your body does not reach its full maturity until this age. With saline breast implants, you can be 18 to undergo breast augmentation surgery. You can be younger than 18 to receive saline breast implants but only with parental consent.
In most cases, you will be able to breast feed after breast augmentation surgery particularly when breast implants that are inserted beneath the pectoral muscle. With this breast augmentation approach there is no alteration to the internal architecture of the breast and the breast ducts remain attached to the nipple.
Not for the long term, however, a light compressive bra should be worn during any exercise or physical activity. During recovery, strenuous physical activity should be limited, do not lift heavy items and do not put your arms over your head as this can affect the healing process.
There is no set time-limit or expiration dates on any breast implant. They could last up to 20 years or possibly more. However, you may need corrective breast augmentation surgery due to effects on the breast such as gravity, pregnancies or breastfeeding. It is very rare for an implant to spontaneously rupture. They can rupture however due to external factors such as being punctured in an accident or blunt force to the chest wall. There is more of a risk of rupture when the implant is in front of the muscle. You can tell fairly early if a saline breast implant is ruptured by the appearance. Whereas with a silicone breast implant, a leak is virtually undetectable to the eye and requires ultrasounds or MRI’s to detect.
It is preferred to place an implant behind the muscle. In this case, the surrounding breast tissue and scar tissue have a better chance to heal properly and hold the breast implant in place. It also has less impact on mammograms and breast feeding. In some instances, a breast implant can be placed in front of the muscle if the patient has enough breast tissue to support it. Dr. Pautler will discuss the pros and cons of placing a breast implant in front or behind the muscle in your particular situation at your initial breast augmentation consultation. For more information or to make an appointment for your initial breast augmentation consultation, contact Dr. Pautler’s plastic surgery practice near Pittsburgh.
Our Patient Reviews
"Dr. Paulter is an amazing person. I wanted to have a breast augmentation but was nervous. She took the time to fully explain everything to me. I never felt as if a question was stupid or not worth her time. I quickly realized that I had found the right doctor. My surgery went very well, thanks to the expert hands of Dr. Paulter. The first few days of my recovery were as expected. Then I noticed that my incisions were becoming increasingly itchy. On a Saturday morning, I called the number Dr. Paulter had given me. A little while later, she met me in her office. I was having a rare allergic reaction to the adhesive. She was able to treat me and told me to come into the office on Monday. I was very grateful for this weekend visit with her. Much to my surprise, I got a phone call the next day, from Dr. Paulter. It was a Sunday! She was calling to see how I was feeling. I would definitely recommend her to anyone. I wish more doctors were as caring and as compassionate as her.”Read More
Our Patient Reviews
She is absolutely amazing!
"I recently went to Dr. Pautler to have my first breast augmentation back in May 2017. Dr. Pautler is such an amazing women and surgeon. From the moment I walked into her office for my consultation to my last follow up appointment, every one in her office was so welcoming, professional, and made my experience so much better. She took a lot of time with me during our initial consultation to discuss all of my options. She was so honest with me from the get go and I instantly felt comfortable putting my personal appearance into her hands. I never once felt that she tried to pressure me into doing anything that I was not comfortable with. Her bedside manner is absolutely amazing...and I am a nurse who works on a post surgical unit and frequently see how surgeons do not always have the best bedside manner. The staff in her office are so friendly and remember you when you come in for all of your appointments...and that meant a lot to me that I was not just another patient. During my pre-op and post op stages at the hospital, all of the staff had great things to say about her. They often refer to her as "amazing", which made me feel so good! I am now completely healed from the surgery, and I could not be happier with my results. She made me feel so much better about my physical appearance and I have so much more confidence now thanks to her!”Read More
Our Patient Reviews
Excellent surgeon and friendly, professional staff.
"Worth the long drive. The local surgeons close to me have 2 hour long office waits, incompetent staff, change pricing and hospital locations at zero hour, and don't explain everything well. Dr. Pautler came recommended to me and I'm glad she was.”Read More
Our Patient Reviews
"Wonderful doctor who is so caring! Having her perform my mommy makeover was the best decision of my life!! My body looks amazing thanks to her!”Read More
Our Patient Reviews
Arm liposuction - I can wear every dress I'd always wanted to
"A lifetime of being thin and in shape and still... fat arms. At age 44 I was approaching 1,000 barre classes (yay!) and I told myself, if I still hate my arms after 1,000 barre classes, I will get the arm lipo. I had received quotes for the procedure twice before but chickened out - also my husband and even plastic surgeon has said 'you're thin and in great shape. You don't need it'”Read More
Our Patient Reviews
Absolutely the BEST Experience
"I was on the fence with going through a Breast Augmentation for a few years. There were obvious reasons on why I wanted one, but I knew that going through with this surgery would need to be done at the best time with the best doctor. After visiting a few doctors that I was uncomfortable with, someone I knew personally suggested trying her doctor, Dr. Pautler. I immediately called the office...”Read More
Our Patient Reviews
Dr. Pautler is absolutely amazing! There is no one better
"I recently went to Dr. Pautler to have my first breast augmentation back in May 2017. Dr. Pautler is such an amazing women and surgeon. From the moment I walked into her office for my consultation to my last follow up appointment, every one in her office was so welcoming, professional, and made my experience so much better. She took a lot of time with me during our initial consultation to...”Read More
Our Photo Gallery
Before & After Photos
Browse our before and after gallery to gain a better understanding of the results available from Dr. Simona V. Pautler.