After childbirth and breastfeeding, many women are unhappy with their sagging breasts, loose stomach skin or extra fat pockets on their flanks, inner and/or outer thighs. A mommy makeover is any procedure that combines some element of breast enhancement and abdominal contouring. Possible tummy procedures could include: abdominoplasty with or without liposuction, liposuction alone, or mini abdominoplasty with or without liposuction. For breast contouring, procedures include augmentation, augmentation with mastopexy, mastopexy alone, or reduction. Both silicone and saline implants can be used. These cases can be fairly lengthy and often times an overnight hospital stay is recommended. Candidates for this surgery are most often women who have had multiple pregnancies, but massive weight loss patients also comprise a large part of Dr. Pautler’s mommy makeover population, even if they aren’t “mommies.” Recovering from both breast and body procedures at once to minimize time away from family and work is one of the main benefits of a mommy makeover.
You may be considered a good candidate to have a mommy makeover if you identify with the following:
- You are in good health overall
- You have sagging and/or deflated breasts from pregnancy/breastfeeding
- You have excess, loose skin on your stomach
- You have pockets of fat on your thighs, buttocks and/or hips
- You are at a healthy weight for your build
- You are not planning on having more children
- You are a non-smoker. If you are a smoker, Dr. Pautler will strongly urge you to cease as soon as possible. It is important for you to stop smoking at least 8 weeks prior to and 6 weeks after your planned surgery. Cigarettes contain nicotine, a powerful substance that decreases blood circulation especially in the areas that need it the most: surgical wounds. Wound healing is slowed, infections risk is increased, and recovery from surgery may be prolonged.
Our Photo Gallery
Before & After Photos
Browse our before and after gallery to gain a better understanding of the results available from Dr. Simona V. Pautler.