Breast Augmentation with Lift Pittsburgh
Combination breast augmentation and breast lift (mastopexy) surgery applies the arts of plastic surgery for women who have who have lost breast volume and shape.
A combination breast augmentation and breast lift surgery involves an implant and skin tightening or lift. The breast lift repositions the areola and nipple to a more youthful height and removes excess stretchy breast skin. The breast augmentation involves inserting breast implants to provide fullness and longer-lasting contour. Many patients after weight loss or breastfeeding choose for this type of plastic surgery.
For more information about Combination Breast Lift Augmentation and Mastopexy, view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Dr. Pautler will discuss all of these options for combination breast augmentation and mastopexy surgery at the initial consultation. For more information or to make an appointment for your initial combination breast augmentation and mastopexy, contact Dr. Pautler’s plastic surgery practice near Pittsburgh.
If you would like to find out more about breast augmentation and breast lift, contact our plastic surgery practice to schedule a consultation.
Testimonial for Breast Lift
“I believe [Dr. Pautler] is a superior surgeon and is a wonderful choice if you’re interested in a breast lift.”
— Linda B., Pennsylvania
When considering breast augmentation surgery, there are two kinds of breast augmentation implants:
- Saline breast implants – saline breast implants are filled with a natural, salt-water solution. If you have breasts with different volumes, saline breast implants can be filled to different amounts, one side more or less than the other, making your breasts appear more even and balanced. A rupture, if it occurs, is fairly easy to diagnose just by physical exam. According to the FDA, women should be 18 years of age or older to receive saline implants. These implants can be rolled up and placed under the breast through a small incision, and are filled AFTER insertion. Some women think saline breast implants feel firmer than silicone-gel implants.
- Silicone-gel breast implants – in thin skinned patients, silicone-gel breast implants tend to feel more natural. They are pre-filled with a safe, FDA-approved, man-made polymer substance. Numerous scientific studies over the years have shown that silicone gel-filled implants are both safe and effective for breast augmentation and reconstruction. Because these breast implants are pre-filled, their volume cannot be altered to adjust symmetry. In this situation, implants of different sizes are needed to balance out breasts that are different sizes. They also require a slightly larger incision. A rupture is much harder to detect and special diagnostic imaging may be required to detect any leakage. You must be over 22 when your body is considered fully matured to receive silicone-gel breast implants.
Please visit the Aesthetic Society and Breast Implant Safety website for the latest information on breast implant options.
Find out more about after combination breast augmentation and breast lift surgery.
It is the goal of plastic surgery to minimize scarring or make scarring as discrete as possible. In the case of combination breast augmentation and mastopexy surgery, Dr. Pautler will use one or a combination of the following methods to reduce scarring:
- Inframammary fold approach – this plastic surgery incision is made in the crease underneath the breast. It is used to place the breast implant in the preferred position under the muscle.
- Circumareolar approach or Donut Mastopexy – the plastic surgery incision is made between the white and the pink skin of the entire areola. This approach is necessary if the nipple-areola area needs replaced to a higher location on the breasts.
- Vertical Mastopexy – also known as a lollipop mastopexy, the plastic surgery incision is around the areola and with an up and down limb to the crease underneath the breast.
- Standard Mastopexy – for additional tightening and lifting the plastic surgery scar is around the areola, up-and-down from the areola, and underneath in the crease beneath the breast.
View our Glossary of Breast Surgery key terms Here.
FAQs for Combination Mastoplexy
During the initial consultation, Dr. Pautler will discuss with you the necessity, feasibility and expense of an overnight stay versus outpatient surgery.
While multiple surgeries are more expensive than one, having multiple surgeries at the same time provides significant savings with expenses such as anesthesiology, operating facilities, etc.
Every individual is unique. Some women heal quickly and some heal slowly. In general, skin type determines the quality of the scar. Despite the most meticulous technique, some individuals heal poorly, while others heal beautifully. Age can also play a factor in healing time after breast lift surgery. The older you are the less red and tender your breast lift scars may appear while younger women may have pink or reddish scars that will be tender for several months and may take up to a year to fade. A patient should massage the scars a few times a day with a product such as vitamin E oil or cocoa butter applying pressure while massaging the scars. The pressure during the massage is more important than the type of cream product used.
Our Photo Gallery
Before & After Photos
Browse our before and after gallery to gain a better understanding of the results available from Dr. Simona V. Pautler.